Events Tracker

Level up your week with these 5 events

Disney’s Aladdin will be hitting the Landmark Theater from Nov. 8th until Nov. 12th. The musical features classic songs from the movie along with new songs performed by a Tony award-winning crew.

113 Euclid Ave. Grand Opening
On Nov. 6 from 2 to 4 p.m., celebrate the grand opening of 113 Euclid, a new “home away from home” for Indigenous students, according to the Native Student Program. The newly renovated house includes Indigenous artwork, a room dedicated to Indigenous languages and regalia as well as a lounge. People can reserve their spot in advance online.

Aladdin
Head to the Landmark Theatre for Disney’s “Aladdin the Musical” starting on Nov. 8. Discover a whole new world with the classic songs from the original movie as well as new songs written for the stage. The show will run at various times throughout the week, ending with a 6:30 p.m. performance on Nov. 12. Tickets are still available online and start at $76.

Unlocking the Power of AI
Learn about the strengths, weaknesses and risks of artificial intelligence at the “Unlocking the Power of AI: Level up your Knowledge” seminar on Nov. 9 from 5 to 6 p.m. Speakers Jim Weiss, the founder of the Newhouse School of Public Communications’ Weiss Center, and Rex Briggs, the author of “The AI Conundrum,” will deliver the presentation. The seminar, which is open to the campus community, will take place in the Joyce Hergenhan Auditorium in Newhouse 3. Registration is free.

Girls Night: The Musical
Enjoy a night of laughter, music and theatrics with a showing of “Girls Night: The Musical” at The Oncenter Carrier Theater. Celebrate the joys of female friendship with the story of five friends who trade heartbreak for happiness. The performance will take place on Nov. 11 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available online and start at $67.15.

Wegmans Grocery Run
Stock up on groceries at Wegmans with the Student Association’s free shuttle. The trolley will run continuously from College Place to Wegmans from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 12. The final pickup time from Wegmans is at 4:30 p.m. Next month, the Student Association will send buses to Target and Walmart.